Abrasive and Sandblasting in Sydney, and Newcastle
What is abrasive blasting/sandblasting?
Abrasive blasting (also referred to as sandblasting) is the process of cleaning steel to remove the build-up of grime, grease, paint and rust before the application of industrial or commercial strength paint for protective and aesthetic qualities.
How does it work?
Small particles of abrasive medium are directed under high pressure at the surface of the steel structure or component to smooth a rough surface, roughen a smooth surface, shape a surface or remove surface contaminants by stripping everything away except the original metal.
Why is it necessary?
Our Abrasive blasting/sandblasting in NSW is a necessary process for both new and used steel structures and products because without it, paint or any protective coating will not adhere to the surface properly. Even new steel has a residual coating following the manufacturing process that needs to be removed before it can be painted. Our abrasive blasting is available in Sydney and Newcastle, (and wider NSW) and is also a standard procedure that takes place before steel is galvanised.
At CCMP, we use a variety of abrasive mediums in our blasting process, depending on the quality and age of the steel involved and the specifications you supply us. Blasting agents include steel grit, glass bead, copper slag and garnet.
We also offer different degrees of abrasive blasting/sandblasting to suit a variety of needs:
- Whip – the lightest form of abrasive blasting
- Class 1 – used when the steel is to be galvanised following the blasting process
- Class 2.5 – used when zinc or other protective metal coatings are to be applied following the blasting process
- Class 3 – used for under water situations such as inside tanks and chemical plants where the highest possible protection of the steel structure is required.
What are the benefits?
Our Abrasive blasting in NSW and the subsequent application of protective metal coating to steel structures, products and parts:
- Increases longevity
- Rejuvenates (renews old structures, making them look as new)
- Can be re-done unlimited times for added durability, strength and cost savings.
What structures/products can undergo this process be used on?
Any type of steel structure, product, component or part can undergo the process of abrasive blasting/sandblasting in Sydney and wider NSW, from large industrial steel structures to domestic steel items like car chassis, box trailers, bikes, boats, horse floats and much more.
Why choose CCMP?
- Collect your steel structure or product in one of our fleet of trucks and prime movers,
- Prepare the surfaces for abrasive blasting, industrial spray painting , protective metal coating and abrasive blasting/sandblasting processes in Sydney, Newcastle and wider NSW in-house and in accordance with your specifications, and
- Deliver your renewed and protected steel structure or product back to you.
- Service any project (industrial or domestic), no matter how big, small or complex.
Once we have carried out sandblasting in Sydney or wider NSW, the exposed ‘raw’ steel is highly subject to immediate rust, even in transit. The benefit of having the abrasive blasting and protective metal coating completed at the one site is therefore obvious. As general rule of thumb, protective coating must be applied to steel within 4 hours of blasting.
Contact us now for an obligation free quote and consultation to establish the best abrasive blasting/sandblasting in Sydney, Newcastle and wider NSW – as well as a protective metal coating solution to suit your needs.